Monday, August 6, 2012

A couple of books

One of the things I like to do as I prepare for a trip is read books that are set where I'm headed.  Right now I'm listening to Jan Karon's In the Company of Others, an audio book (on CD) that I got from the library.  Although it takes place in Sligo (northwestern Ireland) it is helping me get into the right mood.  Listening to it read to me is fun because I'm getting used to the beautiful Irish brogue.



A few months ago I listened to another book about the history of Ireland, Frank Delaney's Ireland.  It's a bit dense but it tells the history of Ireland in a series of stories, as related by an itinerant storyteller.


I found both of these audio books at my local library.  If you are a member of any of the libraries in Bergen County you can request these books and have them delivered to your local branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment